Sunday 31 May 2009

Banwy

I have just found a new yarn supplier, though working out who they actually are has been quite tricky. A couple of weeks ago, I popped into the Deco Shop in Machynlleth in order to buy some new art supplies. That's when I found some lambswool in beautiful muted colours, called Gwlân Banwy Welsh Lambs' Wool - I bought six balls in pink and cream, which I'm working up into a scarf.

Now, it says on the label that Gwlân Banwy is based in Llanfair Caereinion (Powys), but I can find no reference to them on the web. I think that they might actually be Colinette Yarns, and, having just looked at their website, I covet this and this. Sigh. No. Must be strong. Must finish and sell my work in progress first.

4 comments:

  1. What would you make with it? (Love the jitterbug)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, I don't know. I'm really into making quirky scarves, but I'd like to have a go at some socks. That said, I'm a novice knitter, so maybe that's not a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love the first one. I need a new knitting project!

    (Is me btw, but in running mode!)

    R
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Running while you post? I'm impressed! ;)

    Banyan's beautiful, isn't it? I might just have to get some...

    ReplyDelete