Saturday 29 May 2010

Barbara G. Walker


Barbara G. Walker
Originally uploaded by ziedu_mate
Barbara G Walker has to be the fount of all knowledge on knitting stitches and patterns. No matter where I look, she's always quoted as providing information about this or that pattern, which has subsequently been adapted by a more contemporary designer. But - oh my goodness! - if you're trying to find copies, they're all horribly expensive! Fortunately, I've found the two volumes that I really want to consult in a local library, and AbeBooks had a couple of reasonably-priced copies that I've just bought.

These are wonderful books, and utterly essential for every knitter. I'd even go so far as to say that if you have these, you won't need to buy any other kind of stitch compendium. There are so many patterns that I want to try to replicate in my scarves, so I think I'm going to be busy for a little while yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment