Saturday 29 May 2010

Cardiau / Cards


Cardiau
Originally uploaded by ziedu_mate
These were the very first items that I developed and sold, so, inevitably, they're the last that I blog about! I started making cards about 4 years ago, but they were nothing more than an occasional hobby and I certainly didn't think about selling them at that point. My first designs utilised oriental papers, but over time I've used scanned (licensed) images, stickers, stamps (both off-the-peg and commissioned) and the occasional photograph. I try to use recycled and recyclable materials (for example, the 'cellophane' wrappers are in fact compostable sleeves), and each card is unique.

I currently sell some of the cards on Etsy, but to be honest, it's not really the most efficient way of doing it because it involves photographing and describing each individual card, and that's very, very time-consuming. My cards are also available from the National Library of Wales, Toko or direct from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment