Saturday 19 June 2010

Lascaux


Lascaux
Originally uploaded by ziedu_mate
Here's a little neckwarmer that I made yesterday. I bought some glorious Blue Faced Leicester handspun, handpainted yarn from Spinning Streak, and had just enough of it to make something small. It was such a joy to knit, not only because it had been plied with some silk and felt so glorious, but the colours are just divine. I love artisan yarns because it's just such a thrill to look at how the colours are developing as you work. That this yarn is called Lascaux is just icing on the cake.

Now I need a couple of buttons to finish it off. I'm very specific about this; I want some little turquoise wooden toggles - shaped like claws. I may have to wait a very long time before I find the right ones, but that's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment