Lesley Stanfield's 100 flowers to crochet and knit for a while, but haven't really felt brave enough to tackle any of the projects. However, having seen Sue2's brooches at the weekend, I thought it was high time that I gave it a go. Using Sirdar's Balmoral DK in Clarence Pink and Polo Pink, I started with the dahlia and moved on to the floribunda rose and I'm really happy with the way they've turned out. I originally considered felting them, but I think I'm going to leave them as they are, as they're quite big and blowsy.
I think the most realistic flowers in this book are those that have been crocheted, so I'll need to dust off my crochet hooks and get going with some of them. I'd like to add them to the bottom of some of my scarves, or needlefelt them into some of my other creations - the possibilities are endless!