Thursday 12 August 2010

Calum and Sky


Calum and Sky
Originally uploaded by ziedu_mate
I've always been fascinated with tartan, but I know practically nothing about it. Going to my cousin's wedding last month, I was reminded what an amazing fabric it produces; most of the men were wearing kilts in a variety of tartans - this picture here shows Calum wearing the MacKenzie Clan tartan, which is entirely fitting.

I've just found the website of the Tartan Authority, and I've been fascinated with the resources listed there, and all the information that it contains.  I think my favourite is the article about designing tartans - have a look at the genius that is the Financial Times tartan! - and whilst I don't think I'll ever do this for real, I can imagine how much fun it must be to play around with graph paper and felt tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment